Donation by Paypal
Join us on Facebook
The Womens Cottage, supporting women and children of the Hawkesbury area since 1983
- Hits: 624
Acceptance Empowerment Resilience
The Women's Cottage is a community based support
and resource centre, run by women, for women
(and their children) who live, work or study
in the Hawkesbury Local Government Area
and it's immediate surrounds.
For Term 4 Newsletter 2013 go to newsletter
Located at 22 Bosworth street Richmond,
Drop In - Phone in
to speak to with the
Womens Advocacy Violence
Emergency (W.A.V.E.) Support worker
no appointment needed but to access womens cottage services
women should drop in or ring within the hours listed below
Monday,Wednesday,Thursday & Friday 9.30am-1pm,
Tuesday 9.30-4pm & Thursday afternoons 3-7pm
The Women's Cottage is a special place where all women, regardless of
age, race,religion or sexual preference are valued and treated as equal.
It is a place for womento nurture themselves; a place of safety;
a place to learn and grow.
Itis not a place for "one type of woman",
but a place for all.
A place that believes that access and equity are
more that ideas and principles.
The Women's Cottage offers specialist, experienced and skilled support
forwomen who have experienced violence and abuse and a range
of other support services including:
- Confidential crisis support and advocacy.
- Access to either low cost or free (specialist) counselling services including ;
- * women who have experienced an abusive/ violent intimate partner relationship
- * women who were sexually abused as a child
- Case management and referrals
- Healthy relationship information & Safety plans for leaving or living with abuse,
- Emotional & psychological support and preparation for court (we do not offer legal advice).
- Practical and material support
- Theraputic, social and interest groups. (for details seee Groups)
- A childrens play room
- Activities, courses & information for women & children.
- Low cost appointments with a Bowen Practitioner, Massage & beauty therapist,
- Safe & experienced child-minding for group participants
- A venue for women's groups to meet.
The Women's Cottage keeps a range of information on a variety of topics including:
- Women's Health information
- Work related issues
- Children's services
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual assault
- Information on local and regional services
The Cottage also has free monthly copies of LOTL and Cherie available
The Womens Cottage would like acknowledge and thank Vitamin King for their
ongoing IT support - via ' the fabulous Computer Ninja' Ashley